January 4, 2014

A little extra 2013

Update: I probably would have swapped QOTSA out for Gorguts in my Honourable Mentions list if I had been more on top of my game

Albums I Really Wanted To Spend More Time On:
(in no particular order)

SubRosa - More Constant Than The Gods
Sannhet - Known Flood
Colin Stetson - New History Warfare Vol. 3: To See More Light
Darkside - Psychic
James Blake - Overgrown
Julia Holter - Loud City Song
Julianna Barwick - Nepenthe
These New Puritans - Field of Reeds

Other Favourite Tracks
(again in no particular order)

Haim - "The Wire"
Everything Everything - "Kemosabe"
Miley Cyrus - "Wrecking Ball (G Major Remix)"
Lorde - "Tennis Court"
Kurt Vile - "Wakin on a Pretty Day"
Churches - "The Mother We Share"
Death Grips - "Whatever I Want (F*** Who's Watching)"
Justin Timberlake - "Pusher Love Girl"
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - "Jubilee Street"

Savages - "She Will"
Robin Thicke - "Blurred Lines" (shut up haters, that beat is sick)

Dishonourable Mention:
Jay Z - Magna Carta Holy Grail
(Uh! Uh! Uh!)

No comments:

Post a Comment